4.22.2006

Smallville has issues!!!

Hey there all you swell fellas! I've been hearing some gosh darn foul complaints about the show Smallville. Many people complain that the show is too formulaic and that everything is either attributed to the meteor shower or some previous misdeed by one of the Luthor family.

Well...that does sum up most of the episodes, but let's converse about things that are based on simple formulas.

...

...

...

Comicbooks! That works on simple story formulas! I always think of comics as an escape from reality where I know the ending is going to be good or at least provide me with a crap load of entertainment and I think Smallville does a great job at keeping true to the comicbook way of formula.

What makes it even more entertaining is that they can keep true to the formula method while doing a great job at developing the characters. I mean, isn't everyone just so conflicted in their feelings towards Lionel and Lex Luthor? And how many people just hated seeing Jonathan Kent die? I know I did. I know I was one chromasome away from a tissue box and pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream when Clark and Lana broke up.

Anyway, my hat is off to Smallville and it's writers and directors for making a show that holds up under every viewpoint. Also kudos to whoever comes up with the lighting on that show...it is out of this world!!!

Anyway, time to party...see y'all later!

0 CommentZ:

Post a Comment

<< Home